What is a change of journey?
A change of journey is when you want to change the date/time of travel.
What ticket types allow for a change of journey?
Not required. Travel anytime
*you can change the departing station by cancelling the ticket(s) online and buying new ones.
For more information please select your ticket type:
- Both the date and time of travel can be changed.
- You cannot change the route (departing/arrival station).
- Change fee £10 per ticket.
How can I request a change of journey?
- Online - You can change your ticket by logging into My Account and selecting "Order status and refund applications". Select your booking and follow the steps to change your ticket.
- On the phone - Call us on 0345 600 7245 (Select Option 6)
- At the station - This process can also be completed at the majority of stations. At the station you will still be required to pay for any difference in ticket prices in addition to an administration fee.
- Change date - For Anytime Return tickets, if the date of outbound travel is made within 5 days of date stated on ticket and return travel within 1 calendar month then this is within the terms and conditions of the ticket. You do not need to tell us of the change. For Anytime Single tickets, you can travel on the date shown on the ticket, or on the following day. You do not need to tell us of the change.
- Change time - the ticket is flexible so you can travel at any time of day. You do not need to tell us of the change.
- Change route - you can change the departing/arrival station by cancelling the ticket(s) online and buying new ones. Please see How can I get a refund?
Off-peak/ Super Off-Peak
- Change date - can be changed.
- Change time - you can travel on any off peak train on valid dates without having to tell us of change. If you need to travel at peak times, then you will need to cancel your off-peak tickets online and purchase new ones for the new time.
- Change route - you can change the departing/arrival station only by cancelling the ticket(s) online and buying new ones. Please see How can I get a refund?